Evangelism and Discipleship
Evangelism and Discipleship has been the core element of our existence as a church. Over this period, we have seen a vibrant evangelism and discipleship ministry across the conferences. Our journey has been a journey of successes amidst challenges. It may interest you to know that our membership and congregations has been growing annual by 15%. We have seen huge successes in the following areas:
- We have started new congregations in 34 areas which includes Jigawa, Kano, Abuja, Kaduna, Jalingo, and Bandagori.
- About 1859 persons have been baptized in our congregations and 890 new members have joined our congregations.
- Our worship attendances have` increase significantly by 25%.
- Construction of a new prayer chapel at the Secretariat in Jalingo.
- We have conducted seminar on evangelism in conjunction with Firm Foundation international.
- We have received more than 1500 members from Zing, Yorro, and Yusa who took the bold step of unity away from the breakaway group.
- We have graduated 54 students from Banyam Theological Seminary Bambur.
- We have ordained 69 Deacons and 76 Elders and have assigned all of them in respective places of assignment.
- Again, for the third year in a row, God enabled us to improve our given through the Conference Equitable Financial Apportionments (CONEFA).
- Through our Banyam Theological seminaries in Bambur, we are equipping outstanding leaders. I invite everyone who has a certificate from BTS to stand.The certificate these friends and colleagues have earned are because of our collective committed efforts which ensure a quality education is available to all people, regardless of tribe and section.
- Building and installation of solar electrification of Northern Nigeria Annual Conference Secretariat Gwandum.
- Establishment of Pure Water packaging Company in Gwandum, Shongom Local Government Area.
- Today, we celebrate our increased in worship attendance. This is a significant accomplishment and a sign that God has a future for us. This growth has occurred because more of our congregations are connecting with the people in the community, using technology to engage people in worship, and creating worship that is inspiring and relevant. Our future is in our people and that is why growing the number of worshipers is not only important but essential to the mission. Without people, the mission of transforming lives, communities and the world will not be possible.All of this is possible because of the leadership of our pastors and the generous giving of our congregations.